- Perform high-quality basic, translational, and clinical research in the fields of drug development sciences, pharmacogenomics, therapeutic bioengineering, and computational biology.
- Educate PharmD and MD professional students and PhD graduate students in bioengineering and therapeutic sciences.
- Perform service and outreach to improve human health through educational programs that originate from our research. In particular, we serve and educate:
- the public;
- scientists—including representatives from the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries—who are engaged in the development of drugs, devices, and diagnostic agents; and
- scientists in regulatory agencies, with a special emphasis on the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
- Support and facilitate the research careers of its faculty by providing effective administrative support, mentorship, and advice.
We see a time when the discovery and development of precise, intelligent therapeutics (medicines, medical devices, and diagnostic tests) flow freely from constant innovations in research in computational biology, precision medicine, and therapeutic bioengineering and in graduate-level science and health professions education.