Research in the Department of Bioengineering and Therapeutic Sciences aims to better understand, diagnose, and treat disease.
We are committed to revolutionizing the discovery, delivery, and development of new therapeutics into the future. As we succeed, we will transform today's medicines and medical devices into sophisticated, targeted, intelligent therapeutics.
Our research expertise includes:
- Computational chemistry
- Computational biology
- Drug delivery systems including nanotechnology
- Drug discovery and design
- Drug metabolism and transport
- Gene delivery and therapy
- Micro-electromechanical systems (MEMs)
- Personalized medicines
- Pharmaceutical technology
- Pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics
- Pharmacogenomics, toxicogenomics, and genetics of human disease
- Systems biology
- Systems pharmacology
- Tissue and cell engineering
We are focusing on 5 areas of research:
Much of our science is conducted by teams in faculty laboratories. Department research centers and collaborations are also key to our work.
Fatal error: Call to undefined function printprimaryfacultylist() in /home/btsadmin/public_html/research/content.php on line 49